Thursday, January 22, 2009

Our New House!!!

Okay here are a couple of pictures of the new place. When we first moved in there was wallpaper everywhere. We bought it from two old men that their Aunt and Uncle had built the house and they were the only ones that every lived in it. Well, when they died they left it to these guys to sell. They were so cute. Just two old guys that liked to work on stuff. They would always be asking me questions like what kindof carpet I wanted, or they wanted to buy us a new shower head because the old one leaked a little bit. So they wanted to get my opinion on what I liked. They also loved the boys. Whenever we would go over to see what new things they were fixed Colby would bring his tools and follow the guys around pretending he was working too. Well, anyways with the wallpaper. They build the house in the 60s I think so you can imagine how hard it was to get the wallpaper off. In the front room all they did was primer the walls so that was horrible to get off. Or so we thought. . . the bathroom they didn't even paint at all. They put the wallpaper on the sheetrock. It was impossible to get off so we just ended up texturing the walls so you couldn't tell that we didn't get all the wallpaper off. We painted the front room with a marbley technique. The kitchen we textured as well. My mom was great! She always came over to help me and give me ideas on what I could do. Also it was great to have someone else there to motivate us when we got tired.The Kitchen!! I love how big it so. My other kitchen was kindof cramped. Behind this picture is the cabinets and fridge. I probably should have taken a picture of those too. They are in awesome shape, I was so excited!!
Here is the front room. I love how big and open it is. Plus there is no tv so its just a nice relaxing room with a huge front window. I love that window. Except the people that live across the street like to leave ALL their toys outside ALL the time. It drives me crazy. I just wish I had a better view to look out.
Peytons Room: We didn't really do anything different in Peytons room, just new paint. But its a wonder how much difference a new coat of paint makes.
You can't really see all the pink in here. Its not too bad anymore. But the sink, the counter top, the blinds and the tub are all pink. What is with old ladies and colored bathrooms? My friend that lives in this neighborhood too, their bathroom is turquoise? Doesn't the tile look great??

Family Room: This is an extension that they put on the back of the house. Its really nice because we can have our tv in this room and not in the front room. Plus they added on a laundry room too. I love not having to go downstairs every time to do my laundry. The picture below is that room. There is also enough room in the laundry room that we can put our computer and a huge shelf that holds most of our food.

1 comment:

  1. It looks great! It must be so nice getting all settled in and seeing your hard work all pay off. The first apartment we had, had a turqoise bathroom I can relate thank goodness for shower curtains you can close and at least conceal the tub!

    ReplyDelete