Thursday, January 22, 2009

My husband is great!!

I just wanted to do a quick post and comment on how AWESOME my husband is!!! He had the last three days off of work and he worked so hard on the house when most husbands would want to relax and do nothing. No not him, I'll list everything he did for me the last three days

- Put in all new light switches in the house. They had really old ones that were off white, so we went and got flat panel switches and he installed them for me. Along with a couple of new white outlets too. I think he shocked himself like 3 different times.
- Ripped up the carpet in our hallway. There is hardwood floors in most of the house. The people before us had already ripped it up in the front room. But he finished the hallway. Then he had to put those carpet stripes to protect he carpet in the bedrooms.
- There was also carpet in the bathroom. That was something that always drove me crazy. I'm sure you can imagine the smell with 3 boys that don't always have the greatest aim when they go potty. Well, he ripped up that carpet then laid down tile that my parents gave us. (thanks again mom) He did the whole project by himself. I was so proud. I guess I should mention something else I made him do with this project, most of our bathroom is pink. Let me tell you, the boys loved it :( well anyways, I made him switch the toilets from downstairs. So at least the toilet isn't pink anymore. That was a bigger ordeal then I had expected. I kindof felt bad after I made him do it cause it took like 2 hours to figure everything out. But now it looks awesome!! The tub and sink are still pink but it doesn't look as bad. Eventually we'll have to replace those too.
- Then last night he gave the boys a haircut. I know it doesn't seem like a very big deal with all the other projects he had going on but their hair was way overdo for a haircut and it was getting all crazy. So I'm really glad he squeezed that chore in too.

So I just wanted to let all of you know how great my husband is and how much I love him for everything he does for me. He defiantly spoils me!! I still haven't taken any pictures of our new house. I took the boys to get their pictures taken at Target the other day to update the old ones. So as soon as I get those and put them where they need to go I'll post some pictures!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that makes me tired just reading about all that, he really is great. Giving haircuts sounds like a huge job to me I always have to gear myself up weeks in advance before I attmept it with my boys, neither our fans of the clippers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is impressive! I can't wait to come see the house!

    ReplyDelete