Thursday, September 4, 2008

Misc Updates

I feel like I haven't posted anything for a long time, so I thought I would just do a random post about what is going on with us. Rob started day shift at the Temple today. Now he works 7-3. Its so nice, I'm excited for him to start being home at night so I can feel like I can make a real dinner and not just mac & cheese every night. Even though last time we went grocery shopping I made him buy himself some TV dinners. That's one dinner that the boys won't let me skip on. We are doing Peyton's baby blessing this Sunday so we've been doing a lot of yard work the past couple of days. I am getting really excited for fall to come, but with summer ending that means the end of my moms pool :( So we've been over there a lot too soaking up all the sun we can get. The boys had their back to school get together for their pre-school today. Bryan could have started kindergarten this year, but since his birthday is in July we decided to hold him back so he could be the oldest in his class and not the youngest. Its the same pre-school that Bryan went to last year so he's really excited. But Colby is a little bit nervous I think. I keep telling him that I won't be there so he has to be a big boy. But then he'll tell me that Bryan will be there so he'll be okay. I keep trying to explain that Bryan will be in a different classroom. I hope he does okay, I'm sure he will. When we got there he was a little bit shy, but then he saw that they had a castle and a pirate ship to play with. So he went right over there and didn't want to leave. And he loved all the toys they had outside. So now he keeps acting excited about school and asks when he get to go?!? The good thing is that they go on the same day, at the same time. I didn't want to be driving up there every day of the week. So that will give me a break every once in a while. And also they have show & tell on the same days too. That will make it easier to remember!!

2 comments:

  1. ky starts preschool next monday. it will be a change for me and her because this year she will be going FOUR DAYS a week and in mornings which will be interesting to see how she handles that being that she loves to sleep in. im excited though her teacher is nice and the classroom looks so much fun. plus we can walk. the preschool is in the elementary that she will go to so thats nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's cute they are both in the same preschool even it it is different classes. It probably is comforting for Colby to know Bryan is around if he gets scared. Good luck with Peyton's blessing that will be a great day I am sure!

    ReplyDelete