Thursday, June 26, 2008

Day 4 Missing Daddy

Well, its day four with Daddy at Scout camp. It hasn't been too bad as far as the boys being crazy but we're really missing daddy. I swear Tyler is asking where he is every 10 minutes. And when I tell him that he is camping Bryan or Colby are always asking how much longer daddy has to be camping for and if he is ever coming home. Its sad but kind of cute. I decieded that I am to impatient to wait for Tylers scrapes to be totally gone and today they were just sortof pink. So I took the boys to Target to get their pictures taken for their bedroom. At first Tyler was not doing good at all. I think he gets scared of the lady with the big camera and just wants to sit on moms lap. So we did the other boys first to show him that its okay. Then we got him to play catch with Bryan while we took so pictures. That made him kindof happy. But it was a lot harder trying to get a group one cause he wanted to just sit on my lap. So the lady suggested that I get in with them. Problem was that they were wearing red plaid shirts and I was wearing a torquoise shirt that totally didn't match. Plus I wanted it for their bedrooms so I didn't really want to be in them. Well, we tricked him a couple of times and finally got two cute ones for the group. I was very surprised we even got that with the way he was acting. So of course I had to buy them all a toy because they were being so good. Bryan got an Indiana Jones action figure and Colby got a King Peter from Narnia action figure. Tyler got some candy. Surprisingly the toys cost more then the pictures did??? But they will look cute in their bedroom so it was worth it. On the way home Tyler and Colby fell asleep, which I thought would be awesome. But as soon as we got home and Bryan saw that Colby was asleep he asked me if he could play with his King Peter. Colby immediatley woke up and insisted that he was awake and Bryan couldn't play with it. It was so funny, I've never seen him wake up that fast. Tyler woke up when I got him out of the car and wouldn't go back to sleep. So he only took a 15 minute nap today. Needless to say he has been very onry. But we played outside for a while and took the dogs for a walk. Now if I can just get them in the tubbie and try to hold out for 8:00 or so we should be good. I'm crossing my fingers that Tyler will last that long, if he doesn't he'll be up really early!!

2 comments:

  1. I think it is so great that you are writing every day what you and the boys are doing without Rob. It will be fun to look back on it and remember how much you all missed him. Cute little story about the toy it always amazes me how quickly Lance can wake up when we are doing something fun. Not to mention I get a kick out of reading all your stories about your boys. Makes me want to have four boys too I guess I am on a good start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, you have to post the picture now. I'm excited to see them. Crazy how the toys cost more that the pictures...

    ReplyDelete