Thursday, March 19, 2009

Colbys Birthday Dinner

This year we decided to start a new tradition. Normally for a persons birthday my parents will take everyone out to dinner. Well, we decided to start taking out just that persons birthday with mommy and daddy. I was all excited thinking Colby would love it, you know just being with mommy and daddy and going wherever he wanted to go. Well, I was wrong. When we went to drop the other boys off at my parents house they went outside to do some yard work and play. Colby wanted to stay of course. So he was so upset at me when I took him away and went in the front to wait for daddy to get off work. He kept screaming, "I want grandma, I want grandma!" So then I started just walking down the street cause daddy was almost there. He was kicking and screaming the whole time. People driving by probably thought I was trying to kidnap him or something. Well, daddy finally got there. We had asked him before hand where he wanted to go and he had choose Bostons. I like Bostons so I was excited. Well, last minute he changed his mind and wants to go to Golden Corral. YUCK!! I really don't like that place so I told him it was closed. That started with the tears again, so I said fine we'll see if its open. In his cute little tear voice he said, "Well, can we just wait until they are open? I'm fine waiting." How can you say no to that? So we went to Golden Corral, again. My parents had already taken us there last Friday for his birthday dinner. He was so embarrassed when they sang to him that he tried to hide under the table. So this time we didn't make them sing to him. We had fun though!! I hope its a tradition that they will eventually like to do.

2 comments:

  1. That is hilarious, probably not to you. But it isn't it funny, when you think they are going to love something, and it totally backfires on ya.

    I could not agree more about Golden Corral, YUCK! I hate that place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea! It looks like once you got there he was fine with it! What a great tradition. I agree on the Golden Corral thing too, but what can you do when they say things like that to you!

    ReplyDelete