Friday, November 14, 2008

DI Drive / Indiana Face

In lieu of Christmas our stake is doing a DI drive, so I thought this would be a good opportunity to weed out some of the boys toys. So I told the boys we were going to go through some of their toys and give them to other kids that don't have a lot of toys. At first I thought they would throw a fit especially since I started with their swords. For those who don't know my boys, swords are their favorite thing and they have probably 50 swords of more. They did really good though. They got rid of probably half of them. I was really proud!! And also Bryan and Colby learned about Indians in school yesterday, well, Bryan found a marker and decided to make himself an Indiana and drew all over his face. I thought the idea was cute so I took a picture. He is such a thinker sometimes!!

3 comments:

  1. What a great teaching experience!! I swear it is harder for me to let go of stuff then it is for Carson, I am such a packrat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the feeling of dejunking all your kids toys, makes your whole house feel more organized. That's cute they let you do it with no fights!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the indian! We just got rid of some toys also, but Mitchell wasn't quite as willing at first, then he got used to the idea!

    ReplyDelete